PLOVDIV & KOPRIVSHTITSA (bestseller)
This is a guided tour with a long itinerary, but with an even longer list of historical sights and touristic attractions. Board a comfortable air-conditioned minibus and travel to Plovdiv - the European Capital of Culture for 2019 and one of the oldest cities in Europe. All top sites of interest are included in our 2.5-hour guided walking tour of the Old Town and the centre of Plovdiv. The afternoon is for Koprivshtitsa - a must-see town nested in the mountains. It is a place of extremely beautiful 19th-century mansions and many stories connected to the epic Bulgarian battles for freedom.
Prices and discounts
April – October
45 Euro per adult; 40 Euro per child (6-12 years old).
November – March
50 Euro per adult; 45 Euro per child (6-12 years old)
All prices include English guide, modern A/C equipped vehicle and all transportation costs along the way.
Prices do not include personal expenses, food, beverages and gratuities.
- For group discounts contact us via email.
- Discover the cities of Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa on this full-day tour from Sofia
- Admire the traditional 19th-century architecture
- Visit one of the oldest continuously inhabited towns in Europe – Plovdiv
- Enjoy a guided walk in the Revival – period Koprvishtitsa
- Explore Plovdiv’s archaeological delights
08:00: The trip starts from the parking behind Alexander Nevski Cathedral (you will receive a detailed map after you complete the booking process).
10:00: Arrival at Koprivshtitsa center, where the guided tour starts
12:00: Departure from Koprivshtitsa and heading to Plovdiv
13:30: Arrival in Plovdiv and free time for lunch.
14:30: Guided tour of the Old Town in Plovdiv
16:30: Free time for shopping
17:00: Transfer from Plovdiv to Sofia
19:00: Arrival at the starting point in Sofia
- Please note that all of the timetables are approximate and are subject to change, depending on the size of the group and the traffic along the way.
- Audio guide for Plovdiv can be booked for an additional 5 euro per device.
- Hotel pick-up costs additional 5/10 Euro per reservation (not per person, depends on the hotel location).
- Traventuria Ltd is an environmentally responsible company that supports the work of the World Wide Fund. You can also help by donating funds for their activities during the booking process.
Good to know before you go
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people and children under 6 years old
- Clothes: Koprivshtitsa is more than 1000 meters above sea level in the mountains. The weather conditions can change within minutes. We advise you to bring warm clothes even during the summer.
- The weather in Plovdiv can get very hot during the summer season. We advise you to bring a sun hat, sun lotion and sunglasses.
- Shoes: We advise you to wear comfortable walking shoes as most of the streets in Koprivshtitsa and the Old town of Plovdiv are cobbled.
- Cash is the king: Kindly note that payment by credit/debit cards is not possible everywhere (museums). There are cash machines in both Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa. For your personal expenses, we recommend bringing leva in cash with you.
- Food: There are many restaurants in Plovdiv, offering both Bulgarian and International cuisine. The most famous place to eat is the Kapana neighborhood, located near the main pedestrian street. There are also several fast food options. If you wish to spend more of your free time exploring the city than you should consider bringing a lunch pack with you.