Tour to Veliko Tarnovo and Plovdiv
- Tour with a guide the streets of the Bulgarian Medieval capital
- Learn what was life like in Bulgaria during Ottoman Yoke and visit the architectural reserves of Arbanassi and the Old Town of Plovdiv
- Explore and visit the two cities main attractions
- Take photos from strategic photo spots pointed out by your guide
- Enjoy all the benefits a private tour has to offer
Dates, Price & Remarks
1 pers. - 360 euro; 2 pers - 195 Euro per pers.; 3 pers - 145 Euro per pers.; 4-7 pers. - 97 Euro
Single supplement: 10 Euro
- English speaking guide throughout the tour
- Transport in a modern vehicle (car/minibus) with air-condition
- Entrance tickets to Tsarevets Fortress, Kostantseliev's house, Nativity Church in Arbanassi, Etara Museum, Revival Period History Musem-house and the Roman Theater in Plovdiv
- 1 night on BB basis in a double room in a 3-star hotel in Veliko Tarnovo (hotel Gurko or similar)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Food and beverages, besides breakfast on day 2.
- Personal expenses
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable to walk on cobbled streets
- Especially during summer bring a sun hat, sun lotion and sunglasses
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people
- Children between 1 and 12 years old are entitled to 50% (please inquire, the discount is applied manually) if they are accompanied by two adults
8:00 Pick-up from your hotel in Sofia followed by a 3-hour transfer along the scenic northern foothills of the Balkan Mountains to Veliko Tarnovo. Guided walk of Tsarevets - a stronghold from where dynasties of Bulgarian medieval monarchs have ruled much of the Balkans. The fortification is protected from 3 sides by a meander of Yantra River. Time for lunch. The tour continues with a short transfer (8 km) to the village of Arbanassi. It is an architectural reserve, where most of the 18th-century houses resemble small fortresses with their high fences, no balconies and bars on the windows. Their interior, however, is very impressive and richly decorated. Included is an entry to Kostantseliev's house-fortress, once owned by a rich local merchant. You will have an escorted visit to the famous Nativity church as well. Return to Veliko Tarnovo. Accommodation in a hand-picked centrally located 3-star hotel.
8:00 After breakfast there will be a 3-hour transfer to Plovdiv via the picturesque Shipka Pass. En-route stop and entry to the Etara open-air ethnographic museum and the Kazanluk Thracian Tomb (UNESCO). Arrival in Plovdiv around lunchtime. This is the second biggest city in Bulgaria. With a guided walking tour you will be introduced and given the chance to enjoy the specific and very artistic atmosphere of its Old Town. There are colorful Renaissance houses and imposing Roman public buildings such as the theater and the stadium. Free time for shopping.
17:00 Transfer (2 hrs) to your hotel in Sofia.