Special offer: The Valley of the Roses
THE VALLEY OF THE ROSES (11 HRS)
- Immerse yourself in the blossom and tender fragrance of the Rose Valley
- See the Kazanluk Thracian Tomb (UNESCO)
- Learn about the technology of the rose oil (and rakia (Bulgarian brandy) as well) production and sample some products
- Visit the iconic Eastern-orthodox memorial temple "The Birth of Christ"
Meeting point: Hotel pick-up at 7:00 am. Please be ready at the reception 10 mins before departure. Duration: 9-10 hours; 5 hrs of transfer time. English-speaking driver throughout the trip and local English-speaking guide.
Drop off: At the your accommodation in Sofia
OFFERED EVERY MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY FROM THE 13TH OF MAY UNTIL THE 9TH OF JUNE
An exciting full day trip revealing the secrets and splendor of Bulgarian rose oil production, the ancient Thracian tomb of Kazanlak and the breathtaking mountainous area of the Freedom monument in Shipka where we will visit the Shipka Memorial church. An early start from Sofia will take us on the picturesque mountain road winding between the Balkan and Sredna Gora mountains. We will arrive in Kazanlak in about 3 hours and we will visit to the famous Thracian tomb dating back to the 4th century BC, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Then we continue east to the Ethnographic Complex Damascena, located in the heart of the Valley of Roses, where you will learn why Bulgaria is famous for rose oil production. The next stop is the emblematic Memorial Temple of the Birth of Christ, built between 1885 and 1902 in Russian Moskovite style, a beautifully located Eastern-orthodox architectural jewel.
PRICES: 60 Euro/pp.for adults; 40 Euro/pp. For children between 6 and 12 years old
- English-speaking driver
- English-speaking local guide throughout the tour
- Transport in modern vehicle (car/minibus) with air condition
- Entrance fees (Kazanluk Thracian Tomb (copy), Damascena Rose Rafinery)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
Wear comfortable shoes suitable to walk on cobbled streets; The tour is not suitable for disabled people
Children under the age of 6 years old will not be permitted on this tour!