Full Day Tour: Veliko Tarnovo & Arbanassi
- Enjoy a one day tour of many highlights perfectly presented by our professional guides;
- Take a walking tour around the medieval hill-fortress of Tsarevets – the capital of Bulgaria from 12th till 14th century;
- Visit the astonishing Nativity of Jesus Church with an unique frescoes depicting 2000 biblical scenes and over 3500 images of saints;
- See the scenic architectural reserve of Arbanassi, located on a plateau granting visitors with superb views of the Balkan Mountains and Veliko Tarnovo;
- Discover the way of life of 16-19th century Bulgarian merchants and craftsmen;
Veliko Tyrnovo is a trap, which will teleport you back in time, to make you a spectator of the rise and fall of the mighty capital of the Second Bulgarian kingdom (12-14 century). By walking on the winding cobble streets, you will learn and feel how its proud population lived under the Turkish oppression, developing fabulous architectural masterpieces and established cohesive and powerful craftsmen’s guild. The legends and stories, the interesting history and picturesque location of Arbanassi and Veliko Tyrnovo had gained them numerous fanatical admirers in Bulgaria and abroad, making the region a top tourist attraction on the Balkans. Despite the long transfer time, our intensive itinerary makes every minute worth it. The tour includes the most important sights: Tsarevets architectural and museum reserve (medieval stronghold), Samovodskata charshia (lively craftmen’s street), Assens’ monument and the museum village of Arbanassi – famous for its 17th and 18th architecture and the unique Church of the Nativity of Christ, with well preserved murals depicting over 2000 Old and New Testiment scenes.
Small group tour, which other people may join (we try to limit the number of participants up to 8, but we also handle larger groups upon request):
Pick up: 7:00 am from the backside of Alexander Nevski Cathedral (Restaurant La Cathedrale). Hotel pick up is optional. The expected time of return in the Bulgarian capital is between 18:30-19:30 pm.
Total transfer time: 6hrs
Best time: April-November
Price: 1 pers. - 180 Euro; 2 pers. - 99 Euro/pers.; 3 pers. - 80 Euro/pers.; 4-7 pers. - 65 Euro/pers.; 8-12 pers. - 60 Euro/pers.
The price includes: English speaking guide throughout the tour and transportation costs.
Not included: Meals, drinks etc. personal expenses.
For larger groups or guidance in other languages please ask for quotation