Full Day Tour: Koprivshtitsa
The town of Koprivshtitsa is located some 110 km south-east of Sofia. It is a 2-hour transfer along a road, which passes via small valleys and traces the southern foothills of the Balkan Mountains. Probably, the best way to understand the roots of the Bulgarian Renaissance Period is to learn more about Koprivshitsa's 19th houses with their colorful courtyards, surrounded by high stone walls and gates. The disorderly built curved and narrow cobblestone little streets and plots and the numerous stone fountains contribute to the attractiveness of the little town. Many of these houses are turned into museums, but each one has its own identity, which corresponds to the main business and the size of the family of its owner. Another place of interest is the church "The Assumption of the Virgin" and the "Mausoleum - Ossuary - 20th April" devoted to those who died during the April Uprising. On the way back to Sofia, you will travel through a different route, which will go through the valley of Strelcha, famous for its rose oil-yielding rose bushes, exceptionally picturesque during May and June.
- 1 pers. 140 Euro
- 2 pers. 70 Euro per person
- 3 pers. 49 Euro per person
- 4-7 pers. 46 Euro per person
- 8-12 pers. 43 Euro per person
All prices include English speaking guide throughout the tour, transportation with modern vehicle equipped with A/C.
Prices do not included entrance fees, meals, drinks etc. personal expenses
- Koprivshtitsa is a museum-town, which preserves 250 types of architecture, which date back to the 19th century;
- Visit a number of houses-museums, which preserve the authentic atmosphere of the craftsmen and freedom fighters, which lived in them and exhibit outstanding ethnographical treasures, weapons, national costumes and embroidery;
- You will enter churches with precious woodcarvings and icons;
- Tranquility of the easy-going life, where horses and donkeys are still used for transport;
- Exceptional natural sights of the Balkan and Sredna Gora Mountains.
09:00: The trip starts from the parking behind Alexander Nevski Cathedral (you will receive a detailed map after you complete the booking process). There are options for hotel pick-ups.
11:00: Arrival in the historical town of Koprivshtitsa followed by the guided tour.
13:00: Free time for lunch and shopping.
15:00: Departure back to Sofia along a different road
17:00: Arrival at the starting point of the tour at Alexander Nevsky Cathedral
- Please note that all of the timetables are approximate and are subject to change, depending on the size of the group and the traffic along the way.
- Hotel pick-up costs additional 5/10 Euro per reservation (not per person, depends on the hotel location)
Good to know before you go
- Clothes: The weather in Koprivshtitsa can get very hot during the summer season. We advise you to bring sun hat, sun lotion and sunglasses.
- Shoes: We advise you to wear comfortable walking shoes as most of the streets in Koprivshtitsa are cobbled.