Traditional Folklore Experience in Bansko
What’s visiting a country without getting to know its culture? Bansko is usually connected with skiing and winter sports but the town and the region itself have a really rich history, full of legendary hero stories, dances, music, and sayings that saved the people from losing their roots during the nearly 500 years of Ottoman empire at our land. People, that get to know it, fell in love with it and always come back for morе.
Deshka’s house in Gorno Draglishte is a unique place, where just for a night you will get to:
- taste some traditional regional dishes;
- see the interesting Bulgarian costumes;
- hear the unique dialect, specific for the region, and different stories, told by smiling and friendly local babi (this is how we call our grandmother and all the older women);
- to learn the steps for the traditional Bulgarian dance “horo” – holding each other’s hands, dancing in the sounds of traditional music.
And yes, there is no place in Bansko you can get the same experience. The women cook with so much love and passion so you will get the closest to the original taste of each dish you try.
Your experience will start in our ski shop in Bansko, where you will meet our local representatives. They will show you your driver for the night. After a nearly 25-minute ride, you will arrive at your destination- Deshka’s guest house.
The duration of the activity is 3.5 hours (including transportation). After that, you will be picked up back from the driver and he will leave you in your accommodation in Bansko.
PLEASE, CONTACT US ADDITIONALLY IF THERE IS SOMEONE WITH FOOD ALLERGIES, VEGANS OR VEGETARIANS IN YOUR GROUP.
In a case of a force major circumstances, the reservation may be rescheduled for another day.
Included in the price:
- Transportation with an air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking driver
- Traditional dishes such as “kapama” and “banitsa” (Please, kindly note that you will be served without choosing from a menu)
- Hotel drop-off
Not included in the price:
- Drinks: on spot, you may order the traditional Bulgarian drink “rakia”
- Hotel pick-up
This activity is not private and it may be shared with others.
Availability: Every Monday and Thursday
Price: 30 euro per person
Departure time: 05:30 PM from Ski&Board Traventuria
Please, arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes in advance.